Sunday 7 December 2014

Social Media

Social Media in Music Magazines;

Social media is an important aspect and attribute to any modern magazine of all genres not just music magazines and so it is growingly vital for magazine companies to think about social media when distributing and producing their magazines. Music magazines incorporate all of the leading social media formats such as YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Most importantly however the use of social media such as Spotify and Deezer in addition to the generic formats, really supports the music magazine genre, given their music based purposes.

Social Media in my Music Magazine;

I believe it is vital to include social media in my magazine due to my quest to achieve a professional magazine. Here is a list of the features I am to include;
- Reader Twitter & Facebook comments.
- Band 'likes' & 'followers' across platforms.
- iTunes/Spotify Top Download charts.
These three aspects I believe incorporate the key aspects of social media and, allows for readers to become involved with my magazine reducing the commercial : reader thesis, potentially leading to loyal readership and will therefore make my final magazine look and read professionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment