Sunday 7 December 2014

Name Ideas

The name is arguably the most important aspect to any magazine, especially those within my chosen genre of rock and heavy metal.

The naming process was very difficult. I decided to follow some infamous factors of the genre as well as using the names and initials of some of the genres most iconic figures (iconography). Here were the ideas;

- RJD (after icon Ronnie James Dio)
- RHM (acronym for rock heavy metal)
- ELEVEN (in reference to a well known phrase within the genre 'turn it to eleven' & 'mine goes all the way to eleven')
- EDDIE (in reference to the genre's most iconic band Iron Maidens infamous mascot 'Eddie')

As a result I decided choose 'Eleven' this is because I felt it was unique and would stand out on the shelf particularly with my target readership in mind, particularly in relation to the very well known phrase to which its origins come from a film synonymous with my chosen genre, 'Spinal Tap'.

No comments:

Post a Comment