Thursday 11 December 2014

Image Ideas

Magazine Images Ideas


The use of imaes are vital for the sale of any magazine, irrelevent of the genre. Music magazines in particular use images prominantly to help to sell their magazines using the front cover as a means of enticing readers. Here is a collection of Images that have inspired me to emmulate them for my magazine;
 This image of 'The Pretty Reckless' Taylor Momsen was arguably one of the most convincing style models for my cover photo because it encapsulates the genre, attitudes and moods of my magazine and would appeal directly to my target readership of males between the ages of 16-40. The mid-shot shown would fit very well onto a front cover and so considering ther likeness between Taylor Momsen and my model this is a brilliant incentive for me to use.



 
his image of Halestorm fits my criterias excellently for my cover page main image, as it is landscape and encapsulates a 'band' feel and is instantaneously obvious that it is a rock band, fiting well with my chosen genre. Furthermore Lzzy Hale stands out in particualr because she is a girl and that is excentuated here, of whihc is something I aim to emmulate with my photography.
 
And finally this photo of Guns 'n' Roses front man Axl Rose has given my the initiative to use a similar style with my feature article, to whihc mainly interviews and concerns one person or oone act and so showiung an action shot like this that singles out the acts mannerisms and styles, I feel will be essential in making my magazine look professional and relevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment