Wednesday 17 September 2014

Preliminary Design Ideas

I decided to being my preparations, by thinking of a name for my magazine. I knew it was integral to be as original as possible in doing so, and primarily focusing on this would provide me with a basis as to how I wished to present my magazine, e.g. the formality and context.
My name ideas included;
  • Haydonews
  • St Mary'stag
  • The Haydon Stag
  • The Stag
  • Evening Stag
After much deliberation I finally decided to use 'The Stag' as I felt it was the most contemporary name, and would be most suitable relative to my target audience of students at the school.
After selecting my magazines name, I now began to design a front cover for said magazine, taking into consideration the predominate use of my mid-shot as well as introducing other stories (potentially using other photographs). During this process I had to redesign my front cover many times however I finally decided on the following;
 

The simplicity of this design will be beneficial to me because it provides me with a base to begin my final piece however it also gives me the freedom to be able to build on this and make my front cover more professional.
Finally we were tasked with designing a contents page for our magazines. Here I have decided to use a two page spread, allowing me to utilize all the photographs taken on sight, as well as presenting a clear layout, that is easy to read and to follow.
My main colour scheme throughout my magazine are, white, yellow and blue, as these are the protagonist colours of the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment